Summer 2009 Nurburgring dates

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Draddy : As we'll be at the Chatsworth Rally event the 1st weekend in June (6th / 7th - thread ->here<-) we won't be going that weekend. Can Amanda book a different week off?

We'll probably make it a long weekend anyway - Friday morning ferry there : Monday night ferry back, so will span 2 different weeks anyway.

Just a heads up....

I have the provisional dates and June looks crap to be honest. Sundays are clear, but just 2 hours in the evenings on saturdays.

July on the other hand has 13.30-19.30 saturdays and all day sunday. Friday evening as well for a cheeky lap before bed. (And a few beers friday night won't hurt as driving after 13.30 the next day)

Pencil in arriving friday 3rd July and leaving monday 6th July I'd say for the best combination of possible good weather and available track time.

Dal said:
Pencil in arriving friday 3rd July and leaving monday 6th July I'd say for the best combination of possible good weather and available track time.

Can we take this as gospel then? Amanda has to book this now, she's already booked the first week in june but if this is 100% she may be able to change it.

Not Gospel no as I haven't had an email back confirming those dates, but it's the best guess we have at the moment based on published provisional dates for next year.

I'll confirm as soon as I can - when they do.

The German F1 GP is there the week after (12th July) so should see some nice cars about getting there early for that.. ;)

If the puma has new suspension and is alive and kicking, I would like to join you guys to on Nordschleife if you don't mind :D , would be awesome to drive with some fellow pumies, and nordschleife ain't that far away 8)

Let me know when you guys are planning to go. *follows this topic*

Sounds good Moesh :eek:k:

I've yet to receive confirmation of the opening times for 2009, but I'll find out.

Dal, amanda has got that first week in July off, no way she can change it now so thats when we need to go really.

DradusContact said:
Dal, amanda has got that first week in July off, no way she can change it now so thats when we need to go really.

Well there'll be no point going then if the circuit isn't open. Still waiting for confirmation on times before I start booking rooms and ferries. I've emailed the guy again.

I know i know, but she has to book it months in advance, so my hand has been forced, as they say. Hopefully it will all click into place.

Can you put me down for a possible for this too darren?

I'm currently free that weekend and would love to go, although I'm in two minds whether to go in the puma (with passenger space free) and drive the ring or have a blast over on the bike , although I don't think I would do the ring on the bike at the moment as I don't have the proper leathers for it and I wouldn't want to do it in the kit I normally wear for the road.

Either way I would like to tag along :)

Be great to have you along mate :eek:k:

Very very possible as in 'I'll be there unless I break my leg' ?

:lol:

I'll be adding a few details to this as far as possible ferries etc as soon as I can.

:D

Dal said:
Very very possible as in 'I'll be there unless I break my leg' ?

:lol:

I'll be adding a few details to this as far as possible ferries etc as soon as I can.

:D

No, as in I'm really not sure about taking my car that far...

But if I did go, I'd like to also take you up on the offer of following your lead for my one and only lap - just to say I've been round :D

Oh, and being really cheeky now, and if anyone's offering to help with organising of tickets/travel arrangements to get over there, that would be much appreciated :)

as long as your puma is in decent shape with no obvious faults then it should easily make the tri Andy. It's not different from driving that distance in the UK (say if you went away for a week to scotland) :)

Well its running better than ever at the moment Paul :)

But would get it serviced and checked over before anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back