Trying to fit a sub in my car, where do wires go??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chukz00

I'm following instructions on the wiring kit to connect a sub to an amp and the amp to everything else. The problem ive got is getting the 12watt wire from the dash through to the engine to connect it to the car battery. Are there any holes i can pull them through or do i have to drill holes? What is the best way?

Also how do you remove the ford stock head unit?

The head unit can be removed by using two special tools:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-KA-Puma-Mondeo-Car-Stereo-Radio-Removal-Keys-Tools-/370757713993?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5652e1c049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or, I've used 4 nails before. Does the same job!

To get cables through the bulk head:
* Try and put wire through existing grommet in the engine bay, by the fuse box. Make sure you seal it up or it can leak water in to the foot well.
* If you have analogue dash - Remove dashboard surround, undo the dial unit enough to get your hand behind. Feed a stiff wire through hole along side speedo cable. Tape the power cable for the amp to the end of it, pull it through. Route cable round drivers door. Virtually guaranteed to have no leaks afterwards, but a bit long-winded.

Back