wee puma's milly!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well came home yesterday put in the overalls and just got stuck in!

We came up against an issue when trying to put the abs sensors in the front hubs as they have a obviously been removed for some time and the holes for them were in need if some work before they'd go in but the dremel sorted that but the holes for the securing screws was a different story and after fighting for a couple of hours with them gave up but got them all in today yay!

Today has been a very good puma day as we got the spare wheel carrier fitted with a new spare wheel interiors back in engine covers on and as things stand at the moment we have an oil change, new fuel lines, tyres and the clocks to put back in and then it's just testing the abs and then hopefully it's mot time!!

Sounds good. It's amazing sometimes what walking away and coming back another day achieves. Good luck for the MOT. :grin:

I'll get some pics today hopefully !

Am really wanting to have the abs checked but until the clocks are done we can't do that unless I take the clocks out the other puma but I don't want to start down that path!

She came on leaps and bounds since Friday can't wait to see her leave her spot on the driveway she has sat in for the past 14 months

Today Milly had her oil change and new filter, hubby says when we start her for the first time poor thing won't know what's happened to it will be like waking up from major surgery lol hopefully that won't be too far off now .... Am beginning to get impatient!

I think I would also be inclined to spin it over a couple of times with the plugs either out or at least disconnected to prevent it starting straight away, lets a bit of oil get round it before it bursts back into life.

Good to know you are nearly there :thumbs:

she moved a bit yesterday about 10 yards so we could clean the driveway under her lol

image.php

about 20 mins later pair a dirty pooma's!

image.php

Well you didn't think that one through very well did you :?

Looks pretty good mind...... well it did before you threw the mud at it :!:

Had to be done lol wasn't meant to turn into a full blown power wash but got oil on the drive and it's not been cleaned under her in more than a year so thought we'd clean it up a bit... 7 hours it took to do the full driveway!!

Ok now am a wee bit more worried as the lights aren't going off :'(

All sensors have been replaced I need help here anyone got and suggestions?

If the sensors are to far of the speed rings, the light will be on.
After changing the sensors did you try a drive? The light will be on until the system performs self check at 20-ish kph.
The best thing to do is a rolling test and check for the signal of sensors

Hi,
I noticed the engine wasn't running in your
post? probably stupid question but presume
you have started engine? I think lights
go out when started on mine, if they stay on
with engine running then yes there in issue.
Apologise if you have already done this, might
be worth trying ecu reset by disconnecting battery
for an hour?

It's been a drive road the estate where we live and the lights didn't go off, the battery was disconnected for a while today while the airbag was reinstalled so this should have reset the ecu

What space should there be between the ring and sensor?

The ABS test kicks in a 15 mph as previously suggested but I'm sure you managed this!

There might be a post on here with regard the spacing but I don't recall if it specified actual measurements.

Yeah got up to about 35mph who ever has done this to the puma has known what they were doing we were just hoping beyond hope it was just sensors but we suspect the pump may well be faulty

Ok so we have taken the abs pump out of the Milly now the abs works in the other puma so tomorrow we will fit the Milly pump into it and see if it's working probably not the easiest way to test it but if we rule the pump out then hopefully tracking the fault will he a bit easier

myweepuma said:
What space should there be between the ring and sensor?

Nominal gap is 0,6 mm. The tolerance range is from 0,2 - 0,8 mm.

Beware! The gap on all sensors should be the same. If not, the system will perform self check and PASS, but as the car slows to a halt you will hear grinding noise as one of the calipers is being released by ABS system. The sensor which has the biggest gap will be the first to have its signal dissapeared and as the system will have signal from others will think that the wheel in question has blocked and will started working to release it again -> you will hear it as grinding noise

You can't hear the self test at all, I could hear it on my previous pumas but as i'am hard if hearing I couldn't say with confidence it defo didn't do it

Gutting we've got this far and we've still got problem lol

Latest posts

Back