wee puma's milly!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubby took the pump to work to test it the pump itself is working but he thinks the problem may lie in the board attached at the back so hopefully will get some good news when we pump the other pump in

That reminded me! I know a guy who is reparing ECU's and all electronics on a car and he showed me ATE ABS unit on which the processor went south (he can repair it). He said it was common on ATE ABS units, and Puma is using ATE. That might be it!

fingers crossed thats what the problem is we have the working pump on but the rains to heavy to continue so will have to wait till tomorrow to bleed the system and test it :-(

On a better note think i've managed to source a set of 9 spokes going to see them tomorrow hope they're all straight

The Arch Bishop said:
Air in the ABS block? Think it's a Ford job to bleed the manifold.
That doesn't sound good!

Should state that when the car was first started after the new abs pump the lights were out but as soon as it was driven they came back on might mean something might mean nothing but just thought I'd say

Does the abs and traction control use the same relay?

Yeah it's been out for a run the lights were off when it was first started but came on when it was driven hubby says the pumps not doing the self test the pump is fine as we have taken it out our other puma that doesn't have any abs problems

Time for a rolling test. There you will be able to see exactly what signals is ABS picking up. Or isn't. Could be the wiring. Have a look at Erroll's thread (ABS fault with a difference) - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16588&hilit=ABS+fault+with+a+difference" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As she isn't tested to be on the road am gonna have trouble getting her anywhere I don't even know anywhere that does anything like that lol

Codes read and they are as follows

C1175 left rear wheel speed sensor input circuit failure
C1165 right rear wheel speed sensor input circuit failure
C1235 right rear wheel speed input signal missing

Only other codes that were stored on the ecu are to do with the air bag and pretensioners as the interior had been out but these are now cleared

Ok, that sounds like ABS ECU (the two first codes) and the last one would mean either speed ring is to far away or missing….

Not sure if that could all be down to faulty rear ABS sensor which is one unit?

image.php

It was so nearly divorce time!

I will need to purchase a new rear abs sensor but the lights are out thank god!

Latest posts

Back