Grumbles, moans and rants

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeling your pain there, I also do a 50 mile each way commute... But I've just jumped into a company car (Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI) and its got a leaky injector and only manages 350 miles on a £60 tank and its 95% motorway driving :'( can't swap out until something else diesel comes in under a certain value :(

My wife used to commute 70 miles each way, 5 days a week, for 2 years in her company Ford Puma!!

Stockton to Scunthorpe, 115 miles each way, 5 days a week, for 7 months in a Focus TDCi or my old Omega which I preferred as I got a crap load back in fuel allowance and it ran on LPG :lol:

Luckily the Focus being quick and not mine plus the A1/M & M62 route made the journey 'bearable' for most of that 7 months save for the odd snarl up on the A1/M ;)

Despite all that I have sympathy for anyone who travels a lot now as the traffic everywhere is worse everytime I go out, which isn't often now thankfully :roll:

I have to add though, travelling anywhere in the RX8 is a joy apart from the cost of fuel ;p

Remove the DPF, drill/chisel out the insides, replace the empty DPF and have the DPF electronics deleted. More power/mpg and will still pass the MOT.

Cherie said:
Getting up an hour and a half earlier than normal, to do a 50 mile each way commute, on one of the worst roads for congestion. And a headache. :-(

Ouch. I did a similar commute for the best part of a year, and it was bloody horrible :(

Thought I'd give top gear a try as I haven't watched the 3 twats for some time, but thought I would with the promise of some 80's hot hatch reviews.
What a waste of an hour. Has it been this useless and not actually about cars at all but 3 puerile idots cocking about for some time?

The last series wasn't that bad at all, but this episode tonight was absolute drivel.

Agree 100% with you Dal. I watched very little TV in the last few years and especially those idiots who seem to have gotten worse. I couldn't believe the whole show was about them pissing about, smashing up cars etc.

Have a lot more to say but not wasting my time. I'll stick to the internet to find real information about cars as TG obviously forgot they're a car show - not a jackass show.

I'll generally defend Top Gear against those that say 'well it's just stupid and scripted' (yes it is, it's entertainment and not in any way a factual car program - live with that and you may enjoy it). But tonight's was terrible.

The Hot Hatches thing could have been good if it would have had some hot hatches in it. The hottest of them was an 8 valve Golf GTi which was slow even by 80's standards. I was hoping for a 205 GTI, Renault 5 Turbo, Toyota Corolla GTi 16 valve, Fiat Uno Turbo etc. No, we got a Nova SRI which was 'warn' hatch at best. And then when we got to the police chase it just ran out of ideas and descended in to a clear case of not knowing when to end it.

I was hoping for the hot hatch I had, and wish I'd kept as I don't think anything I've owned since has been as fun....my pocket rocket Charade GTti, 993cc, 3 cylinder, with a single mod' that took it to 135bhp at the wheels which in 1993 was a lot :-D

Ditto...Was looking forward to Top Gear tonight and it was crap! I will still look forward to future episodes, though, as they get to test the Mclaren P1 and the Caterham 620R.
Barry

Max Power used to call themselves "The definitive guide to arsing about in cars"
this is, and has always been, the tv version(current gen), just a distraction, if you expect anything else...well...

When your comment gets deleted from a Facebook group (God knows why, just adding supporting info) and you still get notifications of replies.
:fists:

I disagree - I hated it at first, then forced myself to use it - I actually think it's the least worst Windows yet.

I agree with yip especially that charm thing and intrusive massive clock.

Also can anyone explain why track pads and buttons have migrated to the left over the years instead of being in the middle?

Looks like another update in March/April!!
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2092402/incoming-windows-8-1-update-might-boot-to-desktop-by-default-for-pc-users.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back