*Nurburgring 3rd-6th July 2009 accomodation thread - locked*

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Leaving on the morning of Friday 3rd July and returning the evening of Monday 6th July

I am currently in email conflab with Frank at the ringhaus to get us booked in. (Travel / ferry thread will be here soon!)

For those that have not been, take a look at the website:

http://www.ringhaus.com/hotel_en/public/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

modern.jpg

A few pics of mine:
courtyard , Outside , View from room , bar

I stayed there the last time I went and can tell you it's very clean, well furnished, comfortable, friendly staff (that speak English!) has a nice bar and food and extremely well appointed being 200yds from the ring main entrance! It's not a run down old place at all. Well worth the money I'd say.

I may be able to get us a small discount if we block book (and will also make sure we all get in ok that close to the Formula 1 up the road the next weekend)

From Frank just now!:
Send me a list of names, if you have couples in the group who want to have a double, and who is willing to share rooms (best price)!
Discount for a group booking is o.k.!
Cheers
Frank
http://www.ringhaus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we book now, and pay when we get there, it may give us a chance to benefit from a hopeful rise in the pound to the Euro before the summer (fingers crossed)

If you could put your names down in this thread by 18th January 2009 with if you'd like to stay here and if you want to share or have your own room etc, then I'll send it off to Frank and we'll know we're booked.

Please use this thread, chat or PM's (or other means! lol) to discuss who wants to stay with whom, sharing arrangements, dates etc. then let me know and I'll update this thread.

Obviously there are other places to stay that could be cheaper or dearer and there is camping of course if you want. I'm just trying to make some arrangements for everyone to make your trip a bit easier and less stressful.

Come the night of 18th January 2009 I'll send the following list to Frank to get us booked.

Room 1 (Double) - Dal & Cherie
Room 2 (Double) - Zarablackcoupe + AndyW
Room 3 (Twin) - Mort666 & Shyann
Room 4 (Triple) - Zenithus, Zenithus friend Neil & *spare*
Room 5 (Double) - Ant + Liz (AndyW friends)
Room 6 (Double) - DradusContact + Amanda
Room 7 (Twin) - Spike. + Laura
Room 8 (Double) - Geoff and Jen (AndyW friends)
Room 9 (Twin) - yippeekiay + Liam

Room x (4 Bed) - Tom, Dick, Harry, Fred (for example)
Room x (Twin) - Sharon , Tracey (For example)

EDIT 26/03/09
As per later post:

Dal said:
I've managed to get the rooms for the following prices:

Twin/Double = 227.50 Euros
Triple = 280 Euros

Normal non-Event time rooms are 255 and 315 Euros - and more when we're going so I don't think I've done too bad.

And I will make you a special all-in offer for a few dollars more ;-)

You can have a food and drink package which includes:

Friday: Dinner
Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Sunday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Monday: Breakfast

All you can eat and drink (coffee, tea, softdrinks, beer, wine)

8)

Price is £100 each for the meal deal. I'm asking if we can pay on the day of arrival for that. It's not bad value if you look at their menu on their website.

EDIT: Update to food deal on this post:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=53842#53842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Contact Zarablackcoupe for any info on this from now on as I can't go anymore :(

could i suggest that people who wanna share, post here, so people can be matched up

(i;m told Zara is already taken!) lol

Is that not what I wrote above Spike? Could I suggest you actually read the threads?

Please use this thread, chat or PM's (or other means! lol) to discuss who wants to stay with whom, sharing arrangements, dates etc. then let me know and I'll update this thread.

:roll:

nope, rule of forums, is to scan read things... I refering to people to people who are at a loose end, and dont have any other means of contact, to know who else wants to share!

No harm in seconding the suggestion!

please can you add me to the list. i'll go for a single for now, but happy to share a twin room to cut costs with anyone, but be warned that I do sometimes snore (only fair to warn people) so I don't want to piss anyone off by keeping them awake all night :)

Good stuff Andy and Paul :eek:k:

spike. said:
nope, rule of forums, is to scan read things
Never heard of that rule.

It's a good job some of us read everything and understand it (even when it's not in proper English) or the forum would be in a right mess! :-D

Darren, can you update the first post as myself and ann will be sharing a twin room now

Cheers

(i wonder if she knows what she is let herself in for lol).

Dal, can you put me and Colin (BOK) down for a twin room too please.

We were going to accommodate Ann too, but if she's staying with Paul then thats OK :)

I;ll be needing either a double room, or twin room, deoending who i take along for company on the drive. will let you know before the 18th which..

Thanks

spike. said:
I;ll be needing either a double room, or twin room, deoending who i take along for company on the drive. will let you know before the 18th which..

Thanks

Good stuff Ross :eek:k:

You'll be hard pushed to find something, anything cheap in that region of Germany. What makes it trickier is that the German Formula 1 Grand Prix is at the Nurburgring the following weekend, hence starting this thread early and getting booked into the Ringhaus sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't mind betting the £/EUR will be better come the summer. No need to pay for the rooms until we get there. (I'll confirm that with Frank the next time I speak to him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back