project OKK

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lrrhood said:
Now now boys, everyone is entitled to an opinion,
Looked for your project new_puma, be led buy your example but could not find one :-(

Some people just need to ask the basics and if they are on here others may not need to ask them in the future,

we all need the basics from time to time, yes how to post a picture, how to shift an air bubble if your tank keeps boiling over or even the really easy stuff like should I top up my oil!

Yes its a project, from the begining, through the basics, learning together as we go, as is life :wink:

And just for the record- NO BOOB SHOTS of any kind, sorry guys there are just some things in life you just couldn't handle!!

.... Well handled... :eek:k:

I'd have told them all to eff off :lol: :-D

I think your project is fine, take no notice lrrhood, it takes all sorts and like you say, you are learning as you go. I cant believe some of the stupid questions I used to ask (and commonly still do) :D but we all start somewhere.

What have you got planned next? have to say not a big lover of bee sting aerials

Why are you all taking this to heart? All I was implying is that this isn't really a "project", so it shouldn't be labelled as one. This is all troubleshooting and getting to the bottom of leaks and such. I could have put it across in a "friendlier" way...but I'm simple and I type simple shyt.

As some have already said, a lot of the projects on here started off as a trouble shooting, servicing style thread, mine included. They have to start somewhere but the point is that it can soon develop from servicing to rebuilding suspensions, upgrading brakes, engines and so on and so on.

Coming on to a thread and rubbishing the early work is a bit weird. Like wandering up to an artist doing the preliminary sketches and saying 'That looks crap' before they've even broken out the paints.

Best to wait and see what it turns out like before you decide whether it meets your standards.

Another Basic, swapping Aerial base.
A very quick (5 min) job that some may be put off doing, seen lots of comments and great descriptions of how to on here, but no picks! So for the beginners, like me...

1) Remove the light fitting (gently slide a screw driver or key between light box and roof of car, prise down a little, get your finger between and give a gentle yank, held in place by metal clips so may take a little force!)
aerial1.jpg

2)Store the light fitting behind the rear view mirror to save it getting in your way or loosening any of the connections.
aerial2.jpg

3)If you look into the hole you will see a star shaped screw head.
aerial3.jpg

4) You will need a T20 screw bit.
aerial4.jpg

5) Loosen the screw. (remember the rule Righty-Tighty,Lefty-Loosey)It will not come all the way out but you will feel it turn freely when far enough.
aerial5.jpg

6) You can now remove the old base from the top of the car by simply lifting it off, you will be left with a thread sticking up, clean the area, as you see in the picture it will probably have built up some dirt under there.
aerial6.jpg

7) Seperate new aerial and base, gently line up new base into hole and over thread (If you leave them joined together the base will not sit as the weight from the aerial will tip it over)
aerial7.jpg

8 ) Tighten screw inside the car
Replace the light box carefully, ensuring all wires are fed back into cavity first
Screw aerial onto base
Check radio is picking up reception
aerial8.jpg

Job done!
ps Thanks to Ian G, decided to go for a second hand aerial, environmentally friendly and one heck of a lot cheaper!

Top guide thanks Kay, I was planning on doing that on mine soon :eek:k: not sure how much a genuine new one would cost though? I sometimes find new items from ford are cheaper than used from fleabay?

Latest posts

Back