Nurburgring 3rd-6th July 2009 General Discussion thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Use this thread for any general enquiries, hints, tips, chat not relating to travel or accommodation which can both be found in these threads:

Accommodation thread:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Travelling thread:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll post a link to how to drive the circuit when I find it!

General List of those going:
(Post up either here or the 2 threads above and I'll collate a 'going' list here)

1. Dal
2. Cherie

3. Zarablackcoupe
4. Shyann (Passenger with Zara)
5. Bok
6. Spike + Laura
7. AndyW + mate(s)
8. Mort666 (On bike)
9. Zenithus
10. Yippeekiay + Son
11. DradusContact +1
12. Neil

Meeting there:
1. Moesh + Boyfriend

EDIT:
The Nurburgring is open to the public at these times over the weekend:

Friday 3rd 17.15 - 19.30
Saturday 4th 13.30 - 19.30 (race in the morning)
Sunday 5th 08.00 - 19.30

Well if your travelling, post in the travelling thread. If you're accommodating, post in the accommodation thread?

Or if you're completely doing your own thing, I can update the 1st thread in here to be a central resource of everyone that's going. Ok?
(I'll collate from the other threads into here also)

Seriously thinking about going but it's so far ahead (in June)...

Doubt I'll be passengering this time...what the hell take the Milly for second time lucky. I spend all this time and money on the car I'm gonna bloody drive the thing!

So I will probably have a spare leather upholstered Recaro passeneger seat available...

PS: don't follow me around the Ring unless you like a bit of...
ring_1196.jpg

ring_1197.jpg

Woooooo :p

BOK said:
Seriously thinking about going but it's so far ahead (in June)...

Doubt I'll be passengering this time...what the hell take the Milly for second time lucky. I spend all this time and money on the car I'm gonna bloody drive the thing!

June? We're going 3rd July.. :p

spike. said:
anywase, add me to the general list of going, need t think about details !

Good stuff :eek:k:

Oooh go on then! Guess I've committed myself now...

Put me down for going Dal :eek:k:

Edit - Oh, and I'll have a spare passenger seat if anyone wants it...

i've posted in the accommodation and travelling threads, but I'll add to this one that I'm planning on coming along to this too.

not sure about whether 2-wheels or 4 though at the moment. I'd love to take the bike round the ring, but concerned about crashing (or being hit :lol:). would love to say I have done it though. Also nice to do a bit of speed testing on any unrestricted sections of autobahn we happen to find. Got to try and beat my previous best unfaired top speed from a couple of years ago :D

Our only conundrum at the moment is whether we're taking one car, or both!

^^ You ^^ having a valid passport might be handy as well.

yea my passport runs out in April lol....
its on my immediate to do list hehe :D

My passport doesn't exist! I need to URGENTLY get the application form filled in and sent off so that I'm sorted for July :(

Oh, another thing:

If anyone wants to come and doesn't fancy bringing a car, I've got the passenger seat free still :)

Hey everyone!

It's got to the point where I've been telling all my mates that I'm going and stuff, and one of my best mates has expressed interest in tagging along.

He's an absolute car nut and has always wanted to go to the Ring, but I guess he's needed a friendly "push" to go, and the fact that I'm going with people that have been before has really got him interested.

Would you mind if he tagged along? I don't want to ruin anyone's experience or put anyone off going. He drives a Celica GT4, so could leave us all for dust, and he would need to stop every 50 miles for petrol (optimax/v-power stuff), but he'd basically just want to travel over there and back with us. And he's got European Sat-Nav, so could get us out of trouble if we got lost (which we won't...will we?)

Thanks everyone :)

Back